"visited a&e due to a mouth infection"

About: Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

i found reception staff and nurses were very friendly and polite however i am not happy with treatment or diagnosis as it has been 3 days now with symptoms just getting worse i have delivered 4 babies naturally and that doesnt even compare to the pain i am in now... i cannot swallow, i cannot open my mouth it is so swollen and the painkillers are giving me no respite, i am visiting again this afternoon and hoping they can just put me to sleep, clamp open my mouth and drain whatever is causing this swelling because i cannot go another night with no sleep and im starving! oh i forgot to mention the swelling is so bad i cannot even fit my toothbrush in my mouth so finding it difficult to keep it clean.

Response from Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

The accident and emergency department is here to care for urgent and potentially life-threatening conditions. If a condition has been persisting for serveral days then patients are advised to contact their own GP or to call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 for advice on the appropriate service for their needs.