"Unfortunately there nothing positive ..."

About: Torbay Hospital

Unfortunately there nothing positive that I can write about yet.

My widowed 84 year-old mother has unfortunately had several problems in the recent past that have required check-ups at the hospital.

The appointments have only been communicated to her by letter. Since every appointment was changed by the hospital several times she has received numerous letters and in the end became very confused as to what was current. Some the the changes she only received one day before the original appointmen!

I don't understand why the hospital doesn't phone my mother and let her know immediately what is happening. Also I don't understand why the appointments have to be changed so often at all.

What would happen if the letter never arrived or my mother misplaced it? And then she takes the bus all the way from Newton Abbot and gets told the appointment had been moved?

Response from Torbay Hospital

We would like to be able to look into this for you and make sure that we can identify anything that could be done to improve our communications. We always welcome feedback direct to the hospital - through our own website at http://www.sdhct.nhs.uk/contactUs/or by contacting our Patient Services Manager, Fin Heath, on 01803 654850, so we can ask you for the details that will help us to pin down what went wrong. It would be really helpful to know the speciality and to be able to check if we have your mother's contact telephone number recorded correctly. We hope you will get in touch.