"Waiting for an appointment which the G.P didnt know about"

About: Derriford Hospital / Cardiology Tamar Referral & Appointments Centre

The rheumatology department reported it to my G. P in March 2012, that I had a heart murmur.

Three times they contacted my surgery without success and they sent for me to see them at Derriford again in June to ask if I had had a scan. When I said that I hadn't, they said they would phone my GP about the matter.

Not until I booked an appointment with my G. P at the end of July did he find the letter on the computer. Upon opening my file he then referred me to TRAC and I received my appointment within three weeks.

My treatment at the express diagnostics for the heart ultrasound scan was excellent and very helpful staff.

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Handy 464

I was sorry to note the delay in your investigations following a heart murmur being reported. From my reading of your posting, it appears that this was reported to your GP by the Rheumatology team and a letter was sent.

If there are any concerns in relation to your communications from the team at Derriford Hospital I would be most grateful if you could give me a call and I would be happy to look into things. I can be contacted on 01752 439751, or if I am out of the office, please leave a message with the Patient Advice and Liaison Service team on 01752 439884 with a contact number and I will return your call.