"Doctors Lack of Bed Side Manner."

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

Friday night I had a nasty fall on cobbles. I fell full on face, went to AE driven there by friend no ambulance.Waited 4hours to be seen by doctor took 2 mins told go see your dentist, said I had a sore neck, take painkillers, that was the only conversation we had. I am a 66 year old pensioner and sure that because I had had a drink I was classed as low life. There was no empathy, no you will be ok nothing. I know they have a hard time at weekend but not all patients have been in fights or causing trouble and a bit of bed side manner would have been appreciated.I was very upset and shaken, and felt very, well frightened to be truthful the pain was not very good. I must say the the nurse I saw before going into Doctor was very nice.

Very unhappy about having to complain but I feel very strongly about the Doctors lack of think manners would be a good discription.

Thanking you Mrs Rosemary Shaw

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

We are sorry to read your comments regarding your visit to the Accident and Emergency department at the Royal Oldham Hospital.

If you would like us to investigate your concerns, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 604 5897.

We will also forward your comments to the department manager.