"The paramedics were very professional ..."

About: Musgrove Park Hospital

The paramedics were very professional and attentive, but I am not even sure if they were from Musgrove.

Getting the diagnosis correct! I was sent home with heavy bleeding from an infection after a minor operation on my cervix which was diagnosed as a period. Shocking! Luckily I trusted my gut instinct and got a second opinion. Now taking a strong course of antibiotics. This should never have happened.

I also feel the majority of the staff could be a lot more friendly. I think I was unlucky on my visit but I felt like an absolute burden and inconvenience to them.

Response from Musgrove Park Hospital

Ms Caswell was seen on the gynaecology ward by an experienced Registrar after being seen by an Associate Specialist doctor in Accident and Emnergency. We are very sorry to hear that she had a bad experience of the care at Musgrove Park and we are grateful that she has brought this to our attention. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) department has now received a letter from her detailing her concerns and they have asked the Matron responsible for gynaecology to investigate. We will respond to Ms Caswell in writing as soon as the investigation is complete and offer her a meeting with the Clinical Lead for the area to discuss her experiences.