"Visit to Pain Management Clinic - Outpatient..."

About: Russells Hall Hospital

My visit was for long standing pain in arms and neck which I've been told is spondylosis. I worry about hospital/medical visits as I've had bad experiences in past at other hospitals and due to my own general anxiety, but today's visit went very well. I was seen by 3 separate people, each clinician was polite and efficient and I didn't have that long to wait between appointments. The pain management consultant was polite, listened to what I said and treated me courteously. I felt that he was interested in what I said and he explained treatment options to me at length. I came away feeling that this was a positive experience and I felt better for having seen the staff in this department.

Response from The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you Kay for taking the time to give us feedback about your care.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Thank you Kay for taking the time to give us feedback about your care. We know that coming in to hospital for any reason can be a very anxious time so it is wonderful to hear about your positive experience with us. We are glad you felt fully informed about your options as having good patient communication is something we are very proud of. I will pass your comments on to the staff that treated you. I’m sure they will be delighted to receive your complimentary feedback.

Response from Laura Broster, Head of Communications, NHS Dudley CCG

Hi Kay, our Clinical Executives will be really pleased to hear about your positive experience at Russells Hall. we are always grateful when patients take the time to respond with experiences of using the services which we plan and buy (commission) on your behalf. Best wishes, Laura.