"very happy with west mid"

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

My daughter was taken to a&e at 2 weeks old and stayed for a week in starlight ward. The staff were fantastic, the doctor that came round every morning was great and diagnosed other problems she had unrelated to her hospital stay which was brilliant and she started getting a lot better after medication. The only problem I had was a trainee came to fit my daughters drip and I didn't give consent to this, he got it wrong and flushed a lot of water into her arm which was quite upsetting. Another doctor came in and done it straight away but as she was only two weeks old I would have liked the option of a trainee or senior doing the job or someone present. Other than that the hospital was clean, staff great and my daughter was well looked after.

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to give feedback on your experiences at our hospital. We appreciate all the feedback we receive. Your comments have been forwarded to the paediatric team who work on Starlight. If you do wish to speak to someone at the hospital about your experiences, please do get in touch via our patient advice and liaison service (PALS): pals.service@wmuh.nhs.uk / 020 8321 6261.