"New switchboard system"

I tried telephoning Samual Johnson Hospital this morning on the 412900 tel number only to be connected with Stafford, the" new improved system of centralisation". Not quite! I asked for my consultants secretary the lady I spoke to at Stafford couldn't find her listed or my consultant. After she was asked several times I was put through to the out patient department at Samuel Johnson who were very helpful as was my consultants secretary.

It wasn't the fault of the lady I spoke to in Stafford it was the idiot who thought up this change, so instead of running through the switchboard in Lichfield you have to go round the houses to get passed back to Lichfield via Stafford and this is progress? Suppose to save money under the guize of improved service & ends up doing neither.

Response from Samuel Johnson Community Hospital

The switchboard service at Samuel Johnson Hospitals is not managed by Burton Hospitals; this service is provided and managed by Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Partnership NHS Trust (SSOTP).

Therefore please can we request that you contact SSOTP Patient Advice Liaison Service who will be able to take specific details of your complaint and investigate further.

North Staffordshire Team