"Treatment of dislocated hip."

About: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital

I dislocated my replacement hip at 1245 on Tuesday 2 April. The ambulance crew were first class in getting me downstairs and to the hospital with not too much delay and I

was processed through A&E, my hip was Xrayed and I was moved to ward D5.

My hip was reinstalled the night, and the following day having been seen by the consultant and physio I was released home.

Throughout I was treated with consideration and professionalism and I am very grateful to all concerned. I was impressed by the way the hospital was coping with a massive workload.over this period.

I have one suggestion which I hope will be helpful. During this period I was asked a series of very similar questions about myself my history etc by A&E, Xray,,Ward staff, registrar and anaethetist. Would it not be possible to introduce one all embracing form which could be started by the initial contact (ambulance, A&E etc) and which would be attached to the patient as he or she made their way through the system. This would surely save a fair amount of time and effort.

Response from Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments - these have been shared with all members of the team responsible. It is always good to receive feedback and also to hear that staff have achieved the high standards of care we aim to provide.

Mary Edwards, Chief Executive