"Bladder stone destruction (twice) and TURP"

About: Yeovil District Hospital

I had a Bladder Stone destroyed by the doctor in June 2010 under NHS Fast-track procedure; and a second Bladder Stone removed plus TURP by the doctor in February 2013 having opted for Private Elective surgery. NHS Fast-track or private treatment made no difference. The entire YDH experience on each occasion inspired confidence: pre- Med, surgeon of choice, anaesthetist, TAL, theatre team and 2 nights in-patient post-operative recovery each time (Ward 8 in 2010; Kingston Wing in 2013) . Before the 2010 operation I had not spent a night in hospital for 28 years, so did not know what to expect. Everyone in the chain could not have been more caring, helpful, attentive, knowledgeable or informative - and no in-patient can ask for more than that. There was no age discrimination whatever - I am now aged 80. Both surgeons were assiduous in ensuring my full recovery and I am truly grateful for all that was done for me at all levels.

Response from Yeovil District Hospital

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. Your comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to the staff involved