"Urology Ward 15 Nephrectomy"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

Following my first visit to a hospital since my children were born (over 20 years ago), I would like to thank especially all the staff on ward 15 - urology. I found them professional, hard working and caring. When I had some difficulties during the night, the nurse reacted promptly and with great care. As a non user of medical services, I found some things a little baffling (like the discharge procedure, and the expectation that you understand medication - as somebody who doesn't even take headache pills, I do not). Before my operation, the staff took great care to explain all aspects of my surgery and were very professional in ensuring that I understood everything involved. I found the food palatable and well suited to the situation - great soup! Once again - thanks to all the nurses on ward 15 - they have a difficult and non ending job and on the whole they do it professionally and excellently.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thanks for your comments. Hearing about positive experiences really motivates our staff, and helps us identify where we’re getting things right so we can share good practice across all of our services. We will pass on your comments to the urology service staff, and also remind staff of the need to explain medication. We hope you are now in good health.