"Appalling level of service"

About: Bedford Hospital South Wing

Unfortunately my husband and I have received nothing but poor service from the Fertility clinic at Bedford hospital ranging from:

- The hospital not responding to an initial referral from our GP and us having to chase it up

- The first appointment we waited two and a half hours over our appointment time to be seen by the locum

- The telephone number provided on the letters is never answered by a human being so you have to experience a game of cat and mouse trying to get hold of someone to talk to

- On phoning on 3 occasions to rearrange an appointment we left voice mails saying couldn't make the appointment, received no alternative and then a letter telling us our GP had been informed we had "failed to attend"!

- We have still not received any correspondence of "results" from fertility tests done at the end of January/ Feb and now it's April

We have requested to be seen by another Fertility clinic as we are saddened, disheartened and no longer trust any level of service provided by Bedford Hospital. We have written a complaint to the medical directors, the complaints service and the Chief Executive.

Response from Communications Team, Bedford Hospital NHS Trust

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry to hear that the care you received at Bedford Hospital was not to your satisfaction. You describe a number of serious issues, and I appreciate that you have contacted the hospital directly with regards to this matter.

If you experience any delays in receiving a response to your letters of complaint, do feel free to contact the communications team directly and we will be pleased to assist in any way that we can. We can be emailed on communications@bedfordhospital.nhs.uk or you can contact me directly on ben.raza@bedfordhospital.nhs.uk

Kind Regards,