"Fantastic Service"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

(as a staff member),

In early April a resident within our women's refuge in Plymouth required the ambulance service.

As the manager of the scheme I attended and arrived at the same time as the First Response (I think this is what you call it) vehicle and Paramedic Rich Buckley. He immediately bought an air of calm to the situation and reassured both the casualty and the staff. He used appropriate humour whilst treating and assessing the patient.

His care was superb and although the ambulance took what seemed like forever to arrive, once Rich was on site we were reassured that all was ok. A massive thank you on behalf of the staff at the Refuge and the client.

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

Hi PDAS

Thank you for sharing your story. It is really good to hear that you, and the residents at your refuge, received excellent care from our staff.

I will ensure that your feedback is shared with Richard and I'm sure he will very much appreciate your comments.

Sara