"Excellent Service From All Departments Of The NHS"

About: William Harvey Hospital

My partner became very poorly at home over the course of a few hours recently. I phoned our surgery to request a telephone call from a GP. After a short wait for a call the GP advised me I must call for an ambulance. The ambulance came almost straight away with the addition of a rapid response medic. At the William Harvey although A & E appeared quite busy we were seen immediately by a Doctor, a specialist nurse and soon after a consultant. My partner had a scan and was admitted for a nights stay for observation after a diagnosis. We returned home 24 hours later and although the experience was worrying for our whole family I had to write a few lines to express how very impressed we were with the incredible treatment we received during that time. First class at every stage, Thank you all so much.Well done William Harvey, it's good to know you're just up the road !

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with great feedback. I will ensure that staff are aware, they have been working under a great deal of pressure lately and will be pleased to know that their efforts have been appreciated. We are very proud of our staff when the provide an efficient service with kindness and helpful support at a stressful time.

I do hope your partner continues to recover from their illness.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to provide this. This will be fedback to the staff involved with your partners care as it is a boost to moral to know the appreciation from our patients and their families. We hope that your partner is on the road to recovery and appreciate that it can be difficult for both patients and their families in the circumstances that you found yourselve in. Thank you.