"Fracture Clinic"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

I was very disappointed by the service as the fracture Clinic. The consultants are cold and uncaring. When I had to phone to make a appointment or want to change a appointment I got through to a voice mail. At one point I phoned every day a few times a day and not ones did I got through. When you leave a message nobody gets back to you. Also when I saw the consultant today - the appointment was for a little boy - he ran 40 min late and there was no notice on his door and his nurse did not came to tell me he is running late. That did bother me as much as I am use to consultants running late it was the fact that when I saw him he did not even bother to make any excuses and dismissed me after five minutes.

When I mentioned that my appointment was booked in wrong he did not comment on it and told me I can leave when I did not stand up quickly enough for him he repeated that I can go now. Very rude. Again I was there with a little boy .

I think the consultants( I saw three different ones) at the fracture clinic can do with some people skills and after I read some of the other reviews, I am disappointed that people complain but nothing change.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

We are very sorry to hear about your experience of using the fracture clinic. We do except all our staff to treat patients and visitors with politeness, dignity and respect and we are sorry to hear you felt this did not happen on this occasion. We are also sorry you were not informed about the wait - staff in the area are usually very good about updating notices on doors. Your comments will be passed on to the relevant team so thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Stephanie Parrick Service Manager stephanie.parrick@medway.nhs.uk Karen Phipps Clinical Nurse Lead - Outpatients karen.phipps@medway.nhs.uk