"Keeping Patients Clean"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

My Mother was unable to get a proper wash i.e shower.

As the ward - Clinical Decision Unit does not have a shower.

Would it not be wise to help those that already have an infection to make sure that they can fully clean themselves??

Common sense should surely tell you that this would help to lower infection rates in hospitals?

I would like to also say though that the staff where absolutely brilliant and I cant thank them enough for the treatment my mother was given.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

Thank you for your kind remarks about the care your mother received --- the staff will welcome such positive feedback. As it was originally intended that patients would only have a very short stay on the Clinical Decisions Unit we decided not to put in showers -- we had envisaged that most patients would either be admitted to a ward or go home within a few hours. However some patients are staying longer than this and so we are readdressing the issue and currently looking to see if we can install showers after all. We’re sorry your mother was inconvenienced during her stay on the unit, but thank you for raising the issue and can confirm we are reconsidering.