"All Midwives in this department are amazing!"

About: St Helier Hospital

When I was in labour with my baby girl last July I had the best care possible, I cannot fault any of the team who looked after me.

My labour didn't go as well as I'd hoped, so I ended up being induced twice, which was upsetting, as I wanted a natural birth.

However the staff in the delivery suite were fantastic, especially when in established labour my bp went up to 135/113. I had a crash call and was whisked off to theatre for a forceps delivery.

Luckily everything went back to normal afterwards and I gave birth to a healthy baby girl weighing 5lbs 12ozs.

The only bad thing was my partner wasn't able to see our daughter being born, as he hadn't been given scrubs in time, as it was an emergency to get me to theatre.

I had the best care possible and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this department to any pregnant mum's I know.

Response from St Helier Hospital

It sounds like a very frightening experience, so we are absolutely delighted to hear that our staff did so well in caring for you. We hope all of the family are doing well.