"Without their push I would still be in bed"

About: City Hospital campus / Plastic surgery City Hospital campus / Trauma and orthopaedics Lings Bar Hospital / Inpatient nursing and rehabilitation

Having spent many weeks in the city hospital at orthopaedic and plastic surgery departments I feel I have a good experience of hospital life.

When I arrived at Lings bar rehabilitation centre I had not strength in my arms and legs, after 3 or 4 days I felt like I was on the road to recovery. This could not have been achieved without the help of very dedicated and highly qualified staff.

Many of the days, help was very thin on the ground but everyone pulled together and got the job done.

The praise I give starts at the cleaners, the ladies who serve food, student health care assistants, nurses, sisters and senior ward sister. I hope I haven't missed anyone out as each person has a very important role to play to help us all to recovery.

The occupational therapist and physio also have a very important role to play and without their push and their get up and go attitude I would still be in bed.

Response from Sara Jane Ashmore, Interim General Manager for Rushcliffe, Rushcliffe Locality, County Health Partnerships

How fabulous to here you have done so well in your recovery and with your rehabilitation - your lovely feedback will be shared with all of the teams across the wards as all the staff take pride in hearing such positive feedback from a patient who has been in the service and done so well.All of our team staff work hard to ensure our patients have the very best experience possible and sometimes its the team work itself that creates the most positive expericne as you have noticed yourself.

Thank you so much for taking time to feedback to us we really do appreciate your time in doinjg this as it raises the team spirits to know whne they have done a good job.

Response from Jessica Haggett, Patient Experience Officer, Communications, Nottingham University Hospitals Trust

We’re pleased to hear the ‘NUH team’ made you feel safe and confident in your care. We’ll pass on your kind words.