"I am not very happy with the service."

About: HMP Stocken / Primary care

I wrote an application so I could see the triage nurse, as I wanted some cream and T-Gel.

The nurse prescribed these items for me and then I waited four days. Then we went to the hatch where we collect our medications. They didn't have the items I was prescribed.

I then had to put in a new application and go through the procedure again; I am still waiting.

I am not very happy with the service.

Response from Suzanne Aitken, Deputy Head of Communications, Communications, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Hi

I am very sorry to hear you are not happy with the service you have received. I will ask Graham the Clinical Matron to respond to you as soon as possible.

Suzanne

Response from Graham McCrindle, Clinical Matron, HMP Stocken, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I am sorry to hear that you have been in the position of having to wait for your medication etc.

This situation can be explained in part as we are not a pharmacy that holds medical stock.

Our prescriptions are fulfilled by a supplying pharmacy and delivered to us.

If your prescription is done during the week it can take up to 3 days usually for the stock to arrive.

If ordered on a Friday it may take longer due to the weekend.

In response to delays, I have asked for our supplying pharmacy to examine whether there is an option for us to keep a greater amount of medication on our stock levels to stop this situation arising.