"Milton Keynes A&E department 24/03/13."

About: Milton Keynes Hospital

I have been having lots of pain in the lower stomach and bleeding so my gp was helpful arranged a scan and pain killers

the painkiller where not working so I visited my local A&E as instructed by the 111 service as it was out of hours sergury time.

i was treated very well but the nurses, I had a very long wait to see a doctor Evan though I was in a lot of pain. when I finally saw a doctor he asked the problem and simply replied your doctor is correct you will ned to wait for a letter in the post for an scan and offered me some more painkillers. He then waked away didn't Evan say I could go or what to do next he just moved on to the next patent. This is shocking I'm still in a lot of pain and have to live on painkillers that aren't working till some one will see me in a number of weeks. I was in a hospital full of this equipment why couldn't they use it there and then. Why do I have to wait for a letter to arrive in the post ?

I feel like no one cared for me this afternoon and if there is something's seriously wrong with me the NHS will be reciveing a formal complaint as this delay could be causing me more harm or delaying the correct treatment I need.

Response from Milton Keynes Hospital

Firstly, Milton Keynes Hospital would like to apologise for the length of time it has taken to reply. The Trust is sorry to hear of your experience of the A&E Department and your comments have been passed to the responsible managers for their information and action. If you would like to discuss this further or make a complaint then please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01908 243633 or 01908 243181 or alternatively e-mail patientexperience@mkhospital.nhs.uk or write to the main hospital address. Thank you.