"Miscarriage"

About: Darlington Memorial Hospital

We visited memorial hospital when I thought I was having an early miscarriage. The staff were fantastic. We were seen straight away. Given a private room so we didn't have to sit with everyone else. The staff were very kind. The nurse stayed by our side the whole time she even accompanied us to the maternity ward.

The fantastic service was carried on up there. The staff were very compassionate and discreet. I was kept in over night. Nothing was too much for them. My husband was offered to stay with me.

As awful as the situation was, the staff definitely made the experience easier. We thank them dearly.

Response from Darlington Memorial Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback on your visit to Maternity Services at Darlington Memorial Hospital. Whilst I appreciate the very difficult circumstances under which you attended, I am very pleased that you are happy with the care you and your partner received. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774