"Excellent care at the JR!"

About: John Radcliffe Hospital

I am writing to thank the staff at the John Radcliffe Hospital for the excellent care that I received during a 24-hour stay on Monday and Tuesday 4 and 5 February.

On the Monday afternoon I suffered what turned out to be a bout of transient global amnesia in my local gym, and was brought into the JR’s A & E department and subsequently transferred to the stroke unit for observation. This was the first time in my fifty-eight year old life that I had ever been in an NHS hospital.

The ambulance paramedic was solicitous; the physicians in A&E and the consultants on the stroke ward were polite, friendly, and careful in their communication; and the nurses, catering staff, and porters were remarkably cheerful and helpful.

An NHS institution, where all the signs pointed to good staff morale and corporate ethos.

Response from Anne Parker, Senior Communications Officer (Web & Marketing), Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust

We are very pleased to hear about your positive experience at the John Radcliffe Hospital. We will ensure that the staff and management in the departments you name are aware of your feedback; it really does make a difference to them to know that they are so appreciated.

We are most grateful to you for taking the time to post your comments.

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

We are most grateful to you for taking the time to post your comments on NHS Choices.