"My visit to the ECG Clinic"

About: Western General Hospital / Cardiology

I visited the ECG Clinic at the Western last Thursday. Reena and Dave looked after me very well. I wasn't anxious, but if I had been then they would have quickly put me at my ease. They made the whole thing a very friendly and even enjoyable experience.

The only improvement point was that twice now I have mistakenly gone to the general outpatient's clinic on the lower ground floor instead of the ECG clinic on the ground floor, because that is where the signs direct you.

Apparently I am not the only one who does this, and it is quite a long way back to get to the ECG clinic on time. So it might be worth testing different signing or diff end instructions in the letter.

Response from Stuart Wilson, Director of Communications and Public Affairs, NHS Lothian

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback on your experience at the ECG Clinic at the Western General Hospital.

Your positive comments have been passed on to the team who looked after you and I have fed back your comments about the signage to see if we can improve on that aspect.