"felt very safe in the hands of the L&D"

About: Luton & Dunstable Hospital

I was sent to the L&D's A&E after having spent 15 minutes on the phone talking to the new NHS 111 service (an excellent new service). I was investigated for suspected mini stroke or possible brain tumour.

The care and attention that I received in A&E was first rate. The nurse looked me in the eye and checked with me that I knew the purpose of her taking observations. The doctor gave me his undivided attention and explained why he needed to quickly rule out some possible causes. He could see that I was getting upset and reassured me. The then arranged a brain scan and gave his initial diagnosis.

The A&E doctor was able to rule out stroke and tumour and said he would seek an opinion from his nuerologist colleagues. I was discharged and went home. He phoned me in the early evening to say he had received advice from his colleagues and was able to complete his diagnosis and gave me advice accordingly.

I felt all along that I was an individual and had every confidence in all of the staff who assessed me that day - including the Imaging staff ion CT dept and the reception staff in A&E.

Response from Luton & Dunstable Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased your experience through our Emergency department was a positive one.