"knee surgery"

About: Russells Hall Hospital

I had my knee operated on in Nov 2012. The team in general, from a&e staff, orthopaedics and in particular the physio departments have been brilliant. I could have done with a little more information about how to manage my surgery and my on going condition and so would ask more questions if I had my time again as the information was not freely given. However I do not feel that I could have been treated with better care or skill anywhere else.

My treatment is ongoing and so I am writing with experience of these services from July 2012 to March 2013.

Response from The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing patients with excellent standards of care from start to finish, and so are very pleased to hear you have had such a positive experience with all the departments you have come into contact with over the course of your knee treatment.

We are sorry to hear you were not given as much information as you would have liked about your condition. Effective patient communication is very important to us, but it is clear that on this occasion more information could have been made available to you.

We would like the opportunity to look into this issue further. If you could get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on free phone 0800 073 0510 and pass on your details we can look into this properly for you.

We welcome all feedback and use it to improve the services we offer our patients. We will be happy to pass both your praise and your suggestions to the teams involved in your care.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Response from Laura Broster, Head of Communications, NHS Dudley CCG

Thanks for taking the time to feedback. its great to hear of your positive experience throughout your interaction with services at the hospital. I'm sure that if youcontact the team they will look into what more can be done with regard to info for patients. Your experience in this area will prove invaluable in informing future provision of information to patients. Best wishes, Laura.