"From initial referral by my GP ..."

About: Salisbury District Hospital

From initial referral by my GP - on my specific request for this hospital, following my discovery of the 'Choose and Book' scheme - the service accorded was fully and entirely that which I would hope for, from an NHS facility. I made a good choice, and I'm pleased I 'discovered' this scheme for myself.

Essentially, I was encouraged and well pleased by the attitudes and practices of ALL your staff I encountered in my short stay - from those involved in cleansing to surgeon and anaesthetist, ward staff and admin'ers.

The procedure worked 'as advertised', I was well informed, and the care I witnessed and experienced was all that one might wish for.

Thanks are due - as is my encouragement to maintain those high standards at every level.

I drove, with my wife, from Bath for an early 'check-in time'. We found the site easily, using the provided map/initial info, and the prominent road signs.

Not knowing the hospital or its procedures, we were somewhat early - it was cold, dark, windy, and the corridors were empty. Initially, no-one to ask the way to the Day Surgery Unit, and no-one to guide, for about an hour. Perhaps there was another, main, entrance which would have served the need.

The staff, when they arrived, were great.

Perhaps just a little more in the 'joining instructions' about very early arrivals to that Unit?

Response from Salisbury District Hospital

Thank you for these comments. We are delighted that you felt well cared for during your recent visit to our hospital.

You are correct to presume that we do have a Main Entrance to the hospital. This is, however, a long walk from the Day Surgery Unit which is why you were given directions to the area you needed to visit. A review of the signs around the hospital is being carried out, and your comments have been fed into this group, so thank you again for your feedback.