"Absolutely disgusting beyond words!"

About: Rotherham Hospital

I have just come back from a&e. i was sent there as a medical emergency as i had lithium poisoning which can be fatal if left untreated. The lady at reception was extremely rude when informing her about how urgent the situation was i was rudely ordered to take a seat. After realising that things were getting worse and my health was deteriorating, i asked the triage nurse if she could help, she told me to sit or she would call security immediately, here i was with possible kidney failure on the verge of collapse and i get told to put or shut up, After finally being seen,the nurses were delibeartelt trying to aggravate me in order to get a reaction that would force me to leave the hospital, The staff are not only rude but also devoid of the correct knowledge to treat patients adequately in the wards, avoid the hassle and go to Sheffield, this place is a complete mess!

Response from Grace Oldfield, patient involvement manager, communications and involvement, Rotherham General nhs foundation trust

Dear Anonymous, thank you for your posting. We are very concerned to hear of your experience in our A&E Department, which is clearly unacceptable, and greatly concerning. I understand that a full investigation has been commenced following correspondence with our Patient Services Department, in the meantime, please be assured that the Matron in A&E has seen this posting, and will be cascading it to the department teams.

With best wishes,