"Contacting Lodges problamatic"

About: Wathwood Hospital

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

My son is at Wathwood hopsital and is currently in the lodges. I have recently been having problems contacting him in the lodges I have had to wait for the switchboard and I am somtimes caught in a loop and can not get through. That being said everything else is fantastic.

(Wriiten o n behalf of a carer)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Wathwood and the Lodges. Obviously it is frustrating if you are not able to get through on the phone.

I will pass on your posting to the switchboard for further comment. It's good to hear Wathwood is fantastic!

I will pass this onto the staff who will be really pleased to receive your feedback,

Response from Philip Dickinson, Ward Manager and Involvement Lead, Wathwood Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Somtimes when the phones are engaged people can be placed on hold and this becomes frustrating.

I would suggest that if you press 0 and speak to the receptionist they can direct your phone to the ward or an alternative phone.

I hope this helps and if this is an ongoing problem please let the ward manager or Matron Know.

Thanks for your comments.