"Admirable and effective"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

I attended Accident & Emergency at Peterborough City Hospital on 15th March 2013. My medical problem was a severely swollen foot, ankle, and calf, which had been causing discomfort and anxiety. When I left the hospital less than 24 hours later, after an overnight stay and a course of intravenous injections, the swelling had almost entirely disappeared. Although I'm of an analytical and critical turn of mind generally, I'm delighted to report that I was very satisfied with all aspects of the treatment I received. As well as high clinical standards I felt that I was treated with kindness, consideration and, not least, a sense of humour by all the staff with whom I came in contact. While it wouldn't be quite true to say that I'm actually looking forward to my next visit, it's nevertheless the case that the treatment I received removed any fears I might have had about future hospitalization. Joe Conway MA

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback. I am so pleased that you were treated so well and will ensure your comments are passed onto the relevant staff.

Response from Peterborough City Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to make these positive comments about your experience at Peterborough City Hospital, we will ensure they are passed on to the relevant staff and department.

We take all comments from patients and visitors seriously and strive to ensure that we use them to continuously improve patient experiences.