"Neglect of the elderly"

About: St Helier Hospital

My mother is at present in one of your wards, even after several attempts for my mother to be given fluids, this is still not happening, she is in there to be monitored regarding her oral intake, either the staff do not have the time to do this, or they do not care, trying to get hold of a doctor to speak to is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, I am thoroughly dissappointed and frustrated with the treatment or lack of it, that my mother is recieving and will be formally writing a letter of complaint, even trying to find out who to write to, is difficult!

Response from St Helier Hospital

Thank you for your feedback about your mother's care at St Helier Hospital.

As you can imagine, I am very concerned to read of the issues you have raised and would ask you to urgently contact our patient advice and liaison service (PALS) so that they look into the matter for me.

The PALS team can be called on 020 8296 2508 or emailed on pals@esth.nhs.uk. Further information is available here: http://www.epsom-sthelier.nhs.uk/pals/.

Thank you again for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear of the concerns you have raised.

Pippa Hart