"Thank you"

About: Glenfield Hospital

I recently spent almost 2 weeks at Glenfield, after being admitted with breathing difficulties. I required ECMO Treatment, and was placed in an induced coma and very ill.

For me, i don,t remember much, but my family, who visited daily, were treated with Kindness and Understanding. Nothing was kept from them (even the possibility that i could have died).

The care i received whilst asleep and after i woke was second to none,

Both the Dr,s and Nurse,s were amazing.explaining to me what was happening, even though i couldn,t talk , due to having a Tracheotomy.

For a time a had 2 x Nurse,s 24 hours a day, and they were all wonderful. Their care and dedication is what helped me begin the recovery process.

I am now home and recovering well, i cant praise the Hospital and all it,s staff enough.

So thank you from the bottom of my heart, for everything you did for me.

Response from Glenfield Hospital

Hi Lesley,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you and your family's recent experience at Glenfield. This must have been a very worrying time for you and your family, so we are delighted to hear that you are not only making a good recovery at home, but also that you were well cared for by our ECMO team. We are very proud of all our staff, but we will also pass on a special thanks to the team that cared for you. They will be touched to read your kind words and gratitude.

We wish you all the best and a Happy Easter!