"As an American, I was very impressed with my..."

About: New Cross Hospital

I had a sudden angina attack last summer (2012) which necessitated an unplanned angioplasty procedure with two stents placed in my heart at the New Cross Hospital's Heart and Lung unit. The entire staff worked together as a highly professional team, yet treated me as an individual and even called my by my first name. The consultant and staff in the catheter lab carried out the procedure with quiet confidence, and the results were positive. I was admitted at 9 AM and discharged at 6 PM the same day -- feeling like a new person. The follow-up treatment was timely and very thorough.

I have praised my consultant and this hospital to my friends and doctors back home in the United States. We could certainly learned a lot from your NHS.

The one area for improvement is the food, but that is a universal complaint of all hospitals,

Response from Jamie Emery, Patient Experience Lead, The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the trouble to feedback your experiences. It was great to read that you were pleased with your care and treatment here and New Cross Hospital and your comments are very much appreciated by the cardiology team.

Thanks again and best wishes,