"Labour ward"

Following my C-section, the door of the room i was sharing with other mums was left open through the night and the night staff kept talking loudly in the hallway and laughing, no respect at all for the women who have gone through majour surgery or painful labour and in desperate need of rest. My baby kept waking every time they shouted in the corridor, when i asked them to close the door they were so rude!!

The doctors are great but the rude nurses they employ destroyed my experience.

Response from Princess Royal University Hospital

I'm really sorry for your experience, and that your stay at the PRUH after your baby was born was not as comfortable as it should have been. I have passed your comment on to our Chief Midwife for her information, and so that she can speak to her staff about their behaviour. If you would like to speak to someone at the trust, please contact our PALs department on Tel: 01689 863252 or Email: slh-tr.br-pals@nhs.net - they will be able to get more information from you such as the date that you were in hospital which will help us ensure that we speak to the appropriate staff. They will also be able to give you a more detailed response.