"Paediatric ward"

About: University Hospital Of North Tees

I had to ask for pain relief multiple times during the day until I got it, they didn't tell me anything, I know I am only 14, the privacy was not great and I shared a room with a boy, the night staff were okay but they were never on top of everything and the cleaners were awful they cleaned with dirty cloths and they cleaned your table whilst you were still in bed, the play specialists are the only thing I actually didnt mind they knew where you were and if you got bored got something to do, I would recommend James cook over this hospital any day, I didn't get a final diagnosis either after spending 3 days in hospital, overall this hospital isn't the best.

Response from University Hospital Of North Tees

We are sad to hear of your bad experience in our Accident and emergency unit and that you found that the cleanliness levels were not appropriate. We take all matters of cleanliness very seriously within our hospital and will use what you have told us to help improve out services. We are pleased however, that you were happy with the play specialists who attended you and hope you are feeling much better.

If you would like to further discuss your experience please contact patient advice and liaison service at PALS.NT@nth.nhs.uk or phone 01642 624719.