"Orthopaedic assessment"

About: Russells Hall Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

The last thing you want to do when you have bad back problems is sit on an uncomfortable chair, however that's where I found myself waiting, one hour after my original appointment time. When I asked when I would actually be seen, the staff were rude to me. A horrible experience and I never want to go back again

Response from The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the trouble to post your feedback about our hospital. We are really sorry you had a poor experience of care while you were waiting for an orthopaedic assessment. We do our very best to ensure patients are seen on time but there are occasions when we experience delays. However, it is important for our patients to be kept informed of any delays and there is never an excuse for rude behavior.

We would like to assure you that we take all comments seriously and act on them as part of our ongoing commitment to improving patient experience. If you would like us to look into your concerns more fully, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on free phone 0800 073 0510.

Response from Laura Broster, Head of Communications, NHS Dudley CCG

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback. I’m sorry to hear that your experience was not as you or we would ideally like. We do recognise that there are times when services are unexpectedly busy and we would hope that patients waiting are kept informed of any delays and that due consideration is given to your wellbeing whilst you are waiting. We are confident that the service will have been informed of your feedback and hope that it is used to positively influence the experience for others moving forwards. Best wishes, Laura.