"clinic treatment"

About: Southend Hospital

I was referred to eye clinic by GP, told I had one thing wrong, this was changed to an entirely different eye problem, which was worrying as the first problem would have meant an operation. I was given eye drops and should have seen the doctor within four weeks but appointments were cancelled, when I saw the doctor I found him rude and offensive, I had my husband with me, he was appalled at the way he spoke to me. I find the staff very rude in the clinic. I know the clinic is busy, but there must be a review of the way patients are seen. I overheard an upsetting conversation in the next cubicle with the way an elderely gentleman was being spoken to. It is not on.

Response from Steve McEwen, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Liaison, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous,

Many thanks for your e-mail. I was truly sorry to learn of your experiences and would be happy to look into them further. If you would like to contact me on 01702 535144 or by e-mail to complaints@southend.nhs.uk we can discuss your concerns.

Response from Southend Hospital

I am sorry to learn of your concerns. We would like to look into your complaint further and ask that you contact our complaints team on 01702 385144 or e-mail complaints@southend.nhs.uk