"They delivered my little girl safely."

About: Good Hope Hospital / Maternity care

Midwives who looked after me were caring, professional and approachable.

The midwife who took over my care during the day kept a close eye on me due to pre-eclampsia and picked up early on, that my baby was becoming distressed. She and the team organised an emergency c-section and prepared me in minutes. Talking to me and my partner all the way through about what would happen.

The theatre team were also excellent, every single member of them talked to me and tried to make me and my partner feel at ease. The anaesthetist talked us through all the sounds I heard and all the feelings I felt.

They delivered my little girl safely.

Response from Michelle Errington, Associate Head of Midwifery, Heart of England Foundation Trust

Dear Evie B

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Good Hope Maternity Department.

I am pleased to read that you felt that the staff communicated well with you throughout your time on delivery suite and in theatre. It is always a pleasure to hear what we are doing well and that you felt that we were professional and caring.

I will forward your comments to the staff and I am sure that they will be delighted that you felt that they did a good job.

Best wishes for you and your family.

Michelle Errington