"Emergency Treatment Received"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

I suffered a dislocated hip whilst in the garden. The ambulance arrived within 20 minutes and the two female medics were both sympathetic and efficient. Upon arriving at East Surrey Accident and Emergency at about 1. 30pm, they arranged for me to be quickly booked in. After about an hour, I was sent to X-ray which confirmed the dislocation. I was then transferred to a bed in the A & E Unit. Here I was quickly assessed and advised that an Orthopedic registrar would be seeing me who confirmed that I should be admitted to a ward so that the dislocation could be manipulated under GA in theatre. By 7pm I was settled in the ward and was the first on the list on the following morning. By 4pm that day, I was allowed home.

I was most impressed by the cleanliness and the superb attitude and care received from all the staff. As a patient who is usually treated under private healthcare, I was apprehensive at first but cannot express enough my thanks and admiration to all the staff.

Response from Susan Aitkenhead, Chief Nurse, Executive Team, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Hippy

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback about the care that you received. I will ensure that your thanks are passed on to the relevant staff who will be delighted to receive them.

I hope you are now fully fit, and thank you again.

Kind Regards

Susan Aitkenhead

Chief Nurse

Response from Janine Compton, South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your positive comments about the service you received from South East Coast Ambulance Service.

We do hope that you are feeling better now.