"Age Discrimination?"

About: Russells Hall Hospital

During the past year I have had three "Appointment Changes"

Today I have been informed that my latest appointment made in September 2012 and scheduled for next Wednesday (13th March) has been cancelled and re-scheduled for Wednesday 1st May.

As I have arranged for a friend to take time off from work to get me to and from the appointment I am far from impressed.

I find it difficult to believe that these cancellations are purely by chance but that I am being discriminated against due to my age.

I will be attending my appointment on Wednesday 13th March 2013.

Gordon Smith

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Thank you for taking the trouble to post your feedback. We are really sorry you have had a poor experience at our hospital. It can be so frustrating when an appointment is rearranged so many times.

I would like to assure you an appointment is never cancelled on the grounds of someone’s age. The Dudley Group proactively promotes equality, diversity and human rights.

We would welcome the opportunity to look into your appointment changes, which is difficult to do without having more details and your patient notes. Please get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on free phone 0800 073 0510.

Response from Jackie Dietrich, Communications Manager, Communications and Patient Experience, The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust