"staff shortages mean poor care, including food"

About: Salisbury District Hospital

basic nursing care poor, one wash a day if lucky, oral hygiene non-existent, patient with bed sore had to drag themselves up the bed -staff not allowed to lift - making the sores worse, attention to diet and drinks poor - poor choices, allergies not catered for meaning some meals missed most days, relatives not allowed to assist with meals or washing, bells take far too long to get attention, patient unable to walk told to walk to the toilet without help, need I continue - these things are actually happening - I have seen with my own eyes - all this because of lack of staff - yet money is still wasted on agency nurses, and not enough basic nursing training on the wards.

Response from Salisbury District Hospital

We are sorry to read these comments about poor care that you report to have seen at Salisbury District Hospital. We take feedback seriously and are committed to improving patient care. We need to look into some of the situations you describe, and to do this, we need more details than you have provided. We would be very grateful if you could call our Customer Care department on 0800 374208 so that we can investigate further.