"Outpatient visit."

About: Bristol Eye Hospital

Having waited a long time in reception on my previous visit I was rather apprehensive and carrying two books. However things were much better this time.l was seen by reception within two minutes of my arrival and went on ,after a short time, to NCC-Humphrey Fields.

Then to the opthalmology department where I was given a very thorough examination with a very clear explanation of the results.

All staff that I encountered behaved in a most friendly,caring and efficient way.

Top marks all round!

Thank you.

One minor criticism is that the chairs in the room where one is seen before going to the darkened room are too close together. The nurse on my right was the same distance from me as the nurse on my left and had a louder voice than my nurse.

Response from Bristol Eye Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment on NHS Choices. We are pleased that you had such a good experience and will pass this on to the Ophthalmology Department. We appreciate your constructive feedback about the room you attended – we are aware that ideally there would be fewer vision lanes in this room, but at present (ie without a complete refurbishment of this room) we need to weigh this up against ensuring that the large volume of patients who attend the department are seen as quickly as possible. Thank you again for your comment.