"Chest Medicine team at Sheffield Northern General Hospital"

About: Northern General Hospital / Respiratory medicine

Sometimes you just want to say how lucky we are to have such a great NHS service - despite all the shit that is thrown at them. Wether its the crazed 'efficiency' savings stuff or the £billions in re organisation. It is amazing that some services survive at all.

Anyway, just wanted to big up the skills of Dr S M Bianchi and his Chest Medicine team who have been helping aid further recovery for me after some hospitalisation stuff. I was very impressed with the Clinic I visited at Brearley Outpatients in mid February for follow up tests and consultancy.

I am now trying to follow whatever advice Dr Bianchi and his team give me and have been trying to be a model patient. As someone with a neuromuscular condition I realise how fortunate I am to have the support of a consultant like Dr Bianchi and his team at the Chest Clinic – their knowledge around the muscular dystrophy was very impressive and I can see how important this is to many people with similar conditions to have this specialist knowledge around respiratory problems and the complications these can have for md patients.

Response from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Crooksy

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind words about the Chest Medicine Team at Northern General Hospital.

Positive feedback is always very welcome and encouraging for staff who always strive to provide a high standard of care for patients. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the relevant members of staff and their managers.

We always welcome feedback from patients regarding the service they have received from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Trust, as this enables us to provide the best quality of care we can.