"How useless rotherham hospital are"

About: Rotherham Hospital

After visiting rotherham hospital a number of times , and chasing my sons results I have now been referred to Sheffield children's hospital by my own accord .

Rotherham hospital don't know what's going on between there staff , everyone who I talk to has bad experiences at rotherham hospital and I wouldn't recommend taking my worse enemy there

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Laura, thank you for taking the time to place this posting and please accept my most sincere apologies for your experience and that of your son at our hospital. I was most concerned to hear that you have had to chase to get your son’s results and that communication between staff has fallen below what you expected and what we strive to achieve.

I would be very grateful if you would take a little more of your time to contact our Patient Services department at complaints@rothgen.nhs.uk or telephone 01709 424461, to allow us to undertake a thorough investigation of your experience. This will allow us to take appropriate steps to ensure no other patient can have such an unacceptable experience and should be grateful if you would please accept my most sincere apologies.

With best wishes,

Grace

Response from Rotherham Hospital

Dear Laura, thank you for taking the time to place this posting and please accept my most sincere apologies for your experience and that of your son at our hospital. I was most concerned to hear that you had to chase to get your son’s results and that communication between staff has fallen below what you expected and what we strive to achieve. If you wish to do so, please contact our Patient Experience Lead, Sarah Taylor on 01709 426639, who would be happy to discuss your experience with you in more detail. With best wishes Please accept our sincere apologies for the significant delay in your receipt of our response. A response to your comment was published via the Patient Opinion website (www.patientopinion.org.uk) on 13/03/13. However, certain factors within the responses process have recently become known to us and subsequently highlighted that our response has not been received by you. Please be assured that the appropriate actions have been taken to ensure this does not happen again in future.