"3 week stay at Lymington"

About: Lymington New Forest Hospital

My husband has recently been reated in Longbeech 2 Ward & Wilverley2 Ward with a chest infection. The management of his very difficult medication regime for severe Parkinson's was much better than 2 yrs previously thought the way in which the chart was written out was very confusing for the person dispensing the pills, patches etc. although I had typed out his schedule in a more useable format.

The care and kindness of the staff in Wilverley in particular, both to my husband with his feeding and hydration difficulties and to me during this time was much appreciated.

Instructions, in writing, of additional treatment would have been useful on discharge.

As my husband has some dementia I do not know why he was not shaved and sometimes not dressed.

Response from Lymington New Forest Hospital

Thank you for your comments regarding the treatment your husband received whilst an inpatient at Lymington Hospital. I am glad that you saw an improvement in the treatment he received from 2 years ago but note that you have identified areas that could have been improved upon as well. Should you wish to discuss these points further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 01590 663000.

Ben Prior