"No manners"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I recently had to attend this hospital . I trained as a SRN here 40 something years ago. My, how the attitudes of today's nurses have altered in that time. What happened to a professional caring and polite attitude ? With a few exceptions they were rude, condescending and neglectful . They gave the impression that patients were an intolerable nuisance, cluttering up the place .

It seems to me there's a nasty negative culture at Lincoln County among its nursing staff which needs to be urgently addressed. They need to learn and know that patients are not burdensome items , but real people who needed to be treated with respect .

A hospital is only as good as its staff . The County nowadays leaves a lot to be desired .

Response from Lincoln County Hospital

Thank you for leaving your feedback; good or bad it is valuable to us and I am sorry that you did not have a good experience when you visited. You are right that the attitude and approach by staff is critical to delivering quality care and I am sorry that this was not your impression. The vast majority of our staff are extremely kind and compassionate and as a Trust we are actively driving the Chief Nurse’s vision of the 6 C’s driving compassionate care within nursing across the country. I have passed your comments onto the team; I know they will be very disappointed to read about your experience but will use your feedback to help improve and develop their service.