"Concerned about closure of Tunstall House"

About: 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

I am concerned about the closure of Tunstall House, most of the members dont have other support from care workers etc. We get support here from staff who have become friends, and we can speak to them in confidence.

A lot of us here used to go to Greenfields Day Centre which was run by health and we were given very short notice when that closed. There were 4 suicides between that closure and people being found other options. People here have been referred here by their doctors but this has not happened recently because drs are not sure the centre is going to stay open.

A lot of us if it closes will have no back up and the alternative for me would involve 2 buses. I feel that without this service there will be much more demands made on health services. I am concerned about what this will mean for example I believe that there are only 11 local inpatient beds for women.

Response from Dennis Dewar, PALS Co-ordinator, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to make this posting.

I'm sorry to say that Tunstall House is not a 5 Boroughs workplace, it is part of Wigan MBC. Their Complaints Manager is George Ellis tel 01942 827797.

If you would like to speak to an advocate Wigan Family Friends are here to help. Their number is 01942 867888.