"Ophthalmology - Improved service"

About: Eastbourne District General Hospital

I recently took my mother to the Ophthalmology for an appointment. We had a very short wait, compared to previous visits.

During her examination it was recommended that she have an additional two examinations, and they were arranged immediately, so there was no delay and no return visits required. This was a great help as I have a long drive to take my mother to hospital.

There is still a lot of form filling and repeated questions... but this appears standard for the NHS.

Response from Eastbourne District General Hospital

Thank you very much for expressing your appreciation of the service your mother received in the Ophthalmology Department at Eastbourne DGH. We want to provide the best possible experience for all our patients. It’s therefore always encouraging for staff to receive positive feedback. As a Trust we are committed to giving the highest quality of care to our patients, and we value all comments from patients and their families.

It was extremely kind of you to take the time to provide feedback. I will ensure that your comments are shared with all the staff concerned.