"Very poor service very poor communication"

About: George Eliot Hospital

Went to a&e with a foreign body in my eye lady on desk was very abrupt to start with .i was then sat in a cubicle with blood on the floor a very poor standard of cleanliness throughout . Iv since falwarded pictures to the papers and pals . upon bing treated by a consultant who struggled to speak English let alone understand it . Was told by the consultant that he had managed to remove the object from my eye and sent me home .. The next day after a sleepless night my eye was very sore easly twice as bad as when u went and stil had the foreign body with init I returned that day to a&e and was told they could not treat me and would need to go to walsgrave although on this day the consultant was much better . As I left the premises I asked at the front desk for the consultants name wich had treated me porley the first time around . Only to my dissatisfaction to be told I can not have it . I found this very poor as all I wanted to do us fill out one of the how satisfied with our service was u cards. wich clearly ask the consultants name upon them . Overall my experience with the George Elliot was the worst Ib ever exspireance and would ent advise anybody to go there .

Response from George Eliot Hospital

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience and I am sorry that this was so poor. There was no reason for staff to refuse to give you the name of the Doctor treating you and this refusal is particularly disapppointing as we want patients to complete the feedback cards. The PALS team have not received a copy of the photograph and if you would like to contact them directly to discuss your concerns please do so. Their contact details are: pals@geh.nhs.uk or telephone (024) 7686 5550.

I hope that you are now fully recovered. Christine Longstaff, Head of Patient Partnership