"attending for physio - ground covered in cigarette ends"

About: New Victoria Hospital / Physiotherapy

Victoria Hospital – the grounds, in particular the entrance to the hospital, is covered with cigarette ends. In particular, I strongly object to people standing smoking at the entrance. This does not encourage good healthy living, and is not good for people who are already ill attending the hospital.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your feedback.

I am sorry that this posting was not acknowledged at the time, we had a break in our use of Patient Opinion, but we have now resumed doing so, and I thought it was still important to acknowledge your posting.

Smoking on hospital grounds is a difficulty for us and we do what we can to discourage this. Recently we have piloted a number of measures at certain hospital locations including having smoking wardens on site to discouarge this, and we will be evaluating this, we also have the active backing of local media in this and we are mindful of the impression this leaves patients and visitors.

Paul