"Outstanding care and kindness"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

Went to A&E at 6am Sat morning with severe pains in lower back and groin, it did take a while for the bloods to be taken and an examination to be carried out, and I must have explained the situation at least a dozen times to various people which was very frustrating (I think this was partly due to the shift changing at 7:30 am), my husband had to do most of the progress chasing as we had long periods of just waiting. I was admitted to the 23 hour ward around 11am and from then on things improved dramatically, the ward sister was so kind and caring, explaining everything that was going to happen (drip, CT scan etc) and quickly got me stronger pain killers, after various tests, medication and physio etc I was discharged on Monday evening, the ward sister on Monday and had the same approach the first ward sister.

I must say my experience overall was excellent, the food and general cleanliness was of a higher standard than I expected, altho the toilets on the ward could have done with a daily clean !!

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am sorry that you had to repeat information so many times whilst in the Emergency Department. I am pleased to advise you that we are currently reviewing all of our documentation and part of this review is to examine how we can reduce the amount of times patients have to repeat the same information.

I am pleased that you had a good experience on 23 hour stay and I will ensure your comments are passed onto all of the staff in both departments. I do hope that you are now feeling better.

Response from Peterborough City Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to make these positive comments about your experience at Peterborough City Hospital, we will ensure all your comments are passed on to the relevant staff and department.

We take all comments from patients and visitors seriously and strive to ensure that we use them to continuously improve patient experiences.